Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My first post!



Hey everyone! So I decided to start a blog since I will very soon be leaving the country and I know you all will want to know what is going on with me. I leave for Sarajevo on May 5th. I am so excited and totally scared! If you dont know the whole story about my move to Bosnia, I will fill you in. During my last semester at school I got in contact with a women who wanted to open a Montessori preschool in Sarajevo. We communicated through email for a few months and eventually I made the decesion to accept a job offer as a teacher. I will be teacing 3-6 year old children. The school will be bilingual (English and Bosnian) so I wont have to learn the language, although I hope to. Everyone I talk to is very concerned about the fact that Bosnia recently was involved in a war. The war ended more than ten years ago and Sarajevo is a peaceful and safe city to visit and live in, so dont worry about me. I am making it a goal to keep up with my blog. I hope you will check it every once in a while to see what I am up to.

P.S. Download Skype if you want to talk to and see me. I have a webcam! My skype name is hails64.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Hayley,

I have read the following advertisement on the Internet:


"Bilingual Montessori School of Sarajevo. The first Montessori School in Bosnia and Hercegovina will open its doors in September 2008. We are looking to recruit a trained Montessori teacher, holding an AMI diploma or equivalent, to set up the primary levels (6-9 and 9-12). There is a competitive salary and benefit package offered, including accommodation and airfare to and from home base every year. Please contact: Maelys de Rudder, Hadziristica 2, 71000 Sarajevo , Bosnia and Hercegovina. Email: maelys@gnet.ba Tel: +38733446123 or +38763792960."

Now I'm reading thet you will be teacing 3-6 year old children.

Are we talking about the same school?

Best regards form Bosnia

Puno pozdrva i srece :)