Thursday, May 1, 2008

5 Days!!!

I leave for Sarajevo in 5 days! How am I feeling you might wonder? Well...I am a mess of emotions. I am so excited and happy that my adventure will finally begin. I am overwhelmed with graditude for the amazing opportunity that this is. I am eager to start my job and begin teaching and serving the children. I can't wait to see Bosnia and hopefully more of Europe. But, I am scared out of my mind. I feel like I am going to throw up everytime I think about my 19 hour and 4 minute flight there. I am nervous about meeting Maelys (she is the women who hired me) and her family. I am feeling anxious about being in a completely different world...culture shock anyone? I called chruch headquaters today and asked about the church there,bascially its non existent. That knowledge isnt helping any! So, mixed feelings is an understatement. Sometimes I am so stoked and then othertimes I think I am totally crazy for wanting to do this. The good news is that I know for sure this is an opportunity of a lifetime. I can remember the way I felt when I prayed about it, so I know its right. Even though I am kind of freaking out, somewhere inside of me I know its going to be great. Its going to be great!

No comments: