Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beautiful Bosnia!

This week I have had an opportunity to see more of Bosnia's countryside. On Monday Florencia, our friend Goran and I went to this huge park/picnic area up in the hills. The pictures really do it no justice at all, it was really incredible. We walked along little paths and over wooden bridges. I learned that Bosnia is full of natural springs. This particular park had several water sources...like miniature waterfalls. At one point I looked over and saw a couple sitting together on a bench and just behind them on the water where two swans and their babies...it was so picturesque.
Today I went to the mountains with Florencia, Goran, Maelys and the four children. The drive was gorgeous! It reminded me so much of being in Manton on my Grandparent's land. We were completely surrounded by green. I love it when there are those random trees whose leaves are much lighter than the rest...its like they glow because the contrast from the pine trees is so dramatic. Anyways it was so nice to be in nature and have cool fresh air. It was very peaceful. We drove as high as possible and then got out of the car and walked a bit. The view from so far up was breath taking. This week I have been in total awe at the beauty and magnificence of the earth.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Hi Hayley! I found your blog through Lisa's. I am so glad to see that you are having a great time in Bosnia! It looks SO beautiful there.

Love, Maran

Marc and Stacy said...

Hey Hayley...I too found your blog through Lisa's!! I talked to your mom a few weeks ago and she said you are just doing SO great. I am so so glad to hear it. It looks so beautiful and you deserve to be happy! Keep in touch!
Love,
Stacy

Rilla said...

Hayley! BOSNIA!?! WoWWW. That is so spectacular, I love adventuresome YOU. You're always going somewhere & planning something, and imagine my surprise when I stumbled on your blog & saw Sarajevo! Impressive. I'm bookmarking you to read ALL your stories. Sounds like you're having a grand time. Live it up so I can live vicariously!