Friday, May 30, 2008

Misleading Information!

I was completely led astray by the world wide web, and by Hollywood! Don't ask me why I am at all surprised.
First, when I was researching Bosnia online I read that the warmest it get here is like around 80 degrees which I was so looking forward too. Well, its a lie! It is way hot here! It can get passed 100 degrees...and not to sound high maintence but I am dying because there is no air conditioning here. This summer is predicted to be the hotest summer in like 70 years or something Crazy. I am going to be miserable.
Second, in the movies when you are a foreigner in a country and something goes wrong all you have to do is run up to the embassy and yell "I'm an American!" and the gates open right up and all your problems are solved. Well, this is ceratinly not the case. I went to the American Embassy today because my passport and liscense were stolen (long story that's not important). Well since I didnt have identification of anykind and couldn't prove I was American they didnt even want to let me in. Thankfully Maelys' husband is a celebrity here and she was able to "gaurentee" me, whatever that means. Finally after they looked through my bag, took away my cell phone and scanned me with a metal detector, I was able to get in. Everything worked out fine in the end and I should have a new passport in 3-5 days. But, the point is, dont believe everything you read on the internet or see in the movies...duh!

6 comments:

Brenda K. said...

This is a good post..."Bosnia, the real story" ! Maybe you can write a book about being American in Bosnia. Sorry no AC, Europe in general is not big on it. I don't think we ever had it. Invest in some fans. Im glad Maelys could "gaurantee" you. One thing is for sure...celebrities have connections!

Hayley said...

My mom wrote me an e-mail ater reading this post and said it was hilarious. Thanks Mom, I'm glad you could get a laugh off of my suffering. But really, I have nothing to complain about at all. I am really loving it here!

georgia jenkins said...

I love it, imagine you are the latest reality show starring Hayley Davis! Can't wait to hear what your next adventure will be. Keep us posted. I am so glad you are experiencing new and exciting things. Just think someday you will look back and laugh at your escapades. Miss you and glad you are doing well.

Love,
Georgia

Unknown said...

Hayley!!!! I finally found your blog! The internet in the dorms is muy sucko. I found my first love here at college already-I actually don't know his name. But he wears a bolo tie. You know, the things the cowboys wear around their necks with the gigantic stone at the top with two rawhide strings hanging down? And he's from Texas, so he has the funniest accent ever-except that he slurs his words really badly so he sounds perpetually drunk...

Chris said...

it sounds like you're likving in an amazing place! i wish it was green here in rexburg. the pictures you put up are beautiful! i'm so glad you are enjoying it. you sound so important with all of the responsibilities you talk about. I'm so glad you have a blog to keep us updated. I'm so jealous you get to live abroad, You're my hero! Enjoy your time there, soak everything in. take care!
-Cait

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

oh my gosh...that's funny!! Who stole your stuff?!? crazy! so, what have you learned about pre natal? We heard the baby's heartbeat today :) it was cool. I'm glad you're enjoying your work so much...that is definitely good LoL